Summary: Reporting to the Director of Programming, the Head Boys Coach will play a vital role in delivering positive youth development on and off the mat in all five New York City boroughs. The coach will serve as a mentor by building strong relationships with male student-athletes and to motivate and support them in all they do. The coach will also work closely with coaches and parents from the Junior League and Public School Athletic League (PSAL).
- Plan and lead wrestling practice at various BTS and PSAL programs
- Promote participation at all BTS programs
- Work closely with the Director of Programming to ensure proper data/record keeping with regard to program visits, competitions (and other program-related data)
- Integrate social-emotional learning into wrestling practice and interactions with student-athletes.
- Plan and travel with student-athletes to wrestling competitions in and outside of New York City.
- Manage the annual boys’ wrestling budget
- Recruit student-athletes to BTS Academy and ensure attendance at Academy Days.
- Assist in planning and leading various aspects of BTS Academy, including wrestling practice, skills instruction, life skill workshops, and various events associated with BTS Academy
- Plan and lead all relevant camps and clinics where boys participate during the year
- Co-lead all coach education efforts
- Co-lead middle school and high school recruiting efforts
- Visit, evaluate and assist BTS’ Junior League and PSAL high school girls wrestling programs
- Attend and support all BTS enrichment program activities
- Ensure each training center site meets safe standards for practice
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong wrestling background (as a coach and/or athlete)
- Pass USA Wrestling’s background check
- Various certifications including CPR, First-Aid, Concussion, Safe Sport and USAW’s Bronze-level certification (can complete upon being hired)
- Experience with sports-based youth development
- Experience working with diverse youth ages 11-18
- Familiarity with NYC public schools
Benefits: Health insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement (after six months), paid holidays and “Summer Fridays”
How to Apply: Visit btsny.org/job-head-boys-wrestling-coach-new-york-city