Senior Director of Grants and Compliance
ASAS seeks an experienced and motivated professional who wants to use their talents and skills to make a difference. The Senior Director of Grants and Compliance sets both the grants management and compliance framework for the chapter and oversees compliance and local finance and operations systems. The Senior Director will oversee and proactively manage potential and actual adverse events, including the identification, investigation, and management of those events, advising and guiding leaders on suitable actions around managing the administration for Child Care Licensing requirements, Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Contracts. It is expected that the chapter will grow and over time, this leadership position may supervise employees in the Grants and Compliance Department, carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws as needed.
• Lead chapter compliance efforts to ensure the chapter is following and abiding by all New York state School Aged Child Care licensing regulations, New York City Department of Health and New York City and State Department of Education requirements.
• Advise ASAS executive and department management of the effects of potential New York City and New York State contracting, sub-contracting, modifications, amendments, reprogramming, and funding transfers with various funding sources and program components to inform decisions and future practices.
• Maintain knowledge of current developments regarding grants management, and compliance processes as well as best practices in the nonprofit, private, and public sectors to ensure that ASAS resources, practices, and staff capacity are kept up to date.
• Facilitates the development and periodic review of grantee/contractor project document formats (i.e., scope of work); progress and evaluation reporting systems, formats, and monitoring instruments.
• Collaborates with other local service agencies, governmental institutions, foundations, schools and businesses to identify additional support for grantees and strategic partners.
• Develop and continuously refine the tools, templates, and methodologies necessary to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of ASAS grant management and compliance practices. This includes but is not limited to using Excel or other spreadsheet/financial tools to develop, monitor and track budgets, revenue and expenditures for the chapter overall, and also for specific school programs’ budgets.
• Implements and completes the contract process for state, local and federal grants and awards including vendor responsibility registration
• Manage the administrative requirements of contracting with NY local, state and federal grants
• Fully comprehend the billing process for the reimbursement of NY local, state, and federal grants
• Assist the National Finance team in billing for students served.
• Create and distribute policies, procedures, best practices, and reference or provide guidance documents to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Contracts and Grants Department and ASAS-wide processes.
• Works collaboratively with other ASAS departments to maintain information regarding contract and grant metrics and criteria necessary to accurately assess, measure and report on the performance and effects achieved by ASAS and its subrecipients on various program. components and funding sources given and across multiple types of variables.
• Provide training to ASAS staff, subrecipient personnel, funding officials, and other audiences as necessary to improve collaboration on and understanding of ASAS grant management and compliance processes.
• Coordinates with Finance and Operations team about requirements for New York State and New York City general liability, workmen’s comp, disability insurance, and LL34 compliance (for NY City).
• Drives change, process improvements and cultural transformation and acts as change leader.
• Represents the organization and participates in meetings and conferences as appropriate.
WHO SHOULD APPLY? If you are mission-driven, dedicated to superior service and support, can diligently work independently and in a collaborative environment, join our team. The Senior Director of Grants and Compliance should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Excellent management skills, including ability to lead, mentor, and direct managers and staff to accomplish multiple departmental goals and effectively collaborate with other ASAS departments to progress ASAS-wide goals.
• Proven capacity to successfully carry out grants management, program development, implementation, oversight, outcome analysis, reporting processes and administration of federal and non-federal funds.
• Deep knowledge and experience in the grant operational and administrative contract requirements of implementing New York City Department of Education Community Schools grant program including staff clearances and education requirements.
• Expertise and familiarity in the use of the New York Passport and HHS Accelerator Systems for New York City Procurement and contract reimbursement.
• Understanding of New York City Department of Education and Department of Youth and Community Development procurement policies surrounding vendors, sub-contractors, and consultants.
• Strong organizational, planning, time management, and project management skills, to coordinate effective, efficient, and timely completion of multiple ongoing or long-term projects and efforts while reconciling and prioritizing them with day-to-day departmental operations.
• Demonstrated ability to enforce fair and equitable processes, decisions and determinations in compliance with Federal, State and local funding laws, rules, and regulations.
• Proven ability to optimize results by building team, unit, or department-wide effectiveness and efficiency through planning, managing, delegating, and prioritizing the assignment and delegation of tasks and projects amongst personnel with varying work styles.
• Ability to interface with key stakeholders, government/elected officials public and staff on all levels.
• Demonstrated experience in Grants Management Lifecycle, Uniform Guidance, Accounting Standards, Audit Standards, Internal Controls and Risk Analysis.
• Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in various computer software programs, especially those in the Microsoft Office series (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project, etc.).
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. Annual Salary range of $90k-$110k per year. ASAS offers full-time employees an employer sponsored and competitive benefits package including but not limited to:
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Life, AD&D, Disability (STD & LTD)
• Accident & Critical Illness
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 403b with Employer Match
• TicketsatWork Discount Program
• 18+ Days of PTO
• 15 Paid Holidays
Please email your cover letter and resume to Executive Director Taryn Davis at [email protected]
After School All Stars New York
- 515 Madison Avenue
- New York, New York
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com