Regional Field Specialist
|Job Category:||Other, Programs/Services, Volunteer Management|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement|
|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $50,000|
AFS USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 2,000 AFS USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include immersion-based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educators, schools and businesses.
The Regional Field Specialist (RFS) is a full-time, remote position that reports to the Regional Director of the geographic area they are assigned. As a member of the Field Team, RFS’s work in partnership with fellow AFS staff, and volunteers in communities across the country, to ensure the achievement of regional and national hosting goals as determined by the President of AFS USA, and in full compliance with Department of State (DoS) and AFS regulations and guidelines.
Additionally, the Field Team plays an integral part in other initiatives related to the strategic plan that contributes to the organization’s overall success and wellness.
We are looking to fill two (2) Regional Field Specialist positions; one to support the east coast and one to support the west coast.
- Ensure that all incoming international exchange students receive on time, compliant placements
- Maintain strict adherence to DoS and AFS regulations, standards, and guidelines
- Effectively integrate and lead volunteers in AFS hosting processes and practices
- Support the Hosting Onboarding Unit with the management of incoming hosting leads
- Manage hosting related functions in volunteer teams, such as: goal setting, volunteer management and development, host family recruitment and lead management, and the host family application process
- Act as AFS USA primary on call Duty Officer during evenings (6pm to 9am the next day), weekends (from Friday 6pm to Monday 9am), and holidays (as assigned) on a rotating schedule to respond to emergencies to manage participants’ safety and well being as well as to respond to other matters that require immediate action.
- Incorporate Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility (IDEA) standards into all facets of the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, International Business/Education or related field or three or more years of experience within a similar industry
SKILLS & ABILITY TO:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a driven, quick learner, who has strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as the keen ability to showcase our hosting and volunteer opportunities in the most compelling way to help further the mission of AFS USA.
- Achieve monthly and cyclical regional hosting goals
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Strong ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Excellent written and oral communications, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success and ability to manage conflict in a positive and timely manner Ability to resolve complaints in a quick, professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to participants, staff, and volunteers.
- Self motivation, strong organizational skills; able to multitask.
- Excellent problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Determine work priorities and follow through on tasks in a timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Understand and explain policies, rules, and regulations
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Analyze and make data-driven decisions
- Think creatively and proactively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams
- CRM and database management experience
- Working knowledge of the use of social media for business and marketing techniques
- The regular business hours of AFS USA are Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM EST. However, you may work a schedule outside of these hours dependent on the geographic area you are assigned and the organizational need during peak months.
- $50,000/Annually plus benefits including: medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- Please note that only completed applications will be considered.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:AFS USA is committed to maintaining a culture of diversity, inclusion, and equity. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure that we have the best, most creative talent on our team.
AFS USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
Live Without Borders
- 120 Wall St
- New York, NY 10005
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.