Manager of Human Resources and Benefits
|Job Sectors:||Legal, Other|
The New York Community Trust (The Trust), established in 1924, is a community foundation dedicated to improving the lives of residents of New York City and its suburbs. We bring together individuals, families, foundations, and businesses to build a better community and support nonprofits that make a difference. We apply knowledge, creativity, and resources to the most challenging issues in an effort to ensure meaningful opportunities and a better quality of life for all New Yorkers, today and tomorrow (www.nycommunitytrust.org).
The Manager of Human Resources and Benefits provides support to individual employees and the organization as a whole on all aspects of the employment life cycle to support the organization’s ability to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain talent. As a one-person HR department for an organization of approximately 60 employees, reporting to the General Counsel, this role provides both administrative and strategic human resources support to the organization and manages the administration of employee benefits.
Although The Trust has a remote work policy, the Manager of Human Resources and Benefits will spend most of their time in the office; this is not a virtual or remote position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local employment related laws and regulations.
- Process payroll and maintain human resources and payroll files and systems.
- Manage employee benefit plan administration.
- Evaluate employee benefits and provide strategic recommendations regarding benefits offerings.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, to include recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding, in collaboration with departmental managers.
- Educate and counsel management and staff on day-to-day employment issues, best practices, grievances, performance concerns, etc.
- Oversee annual performance management and salary administration processes.
- Provide training and staff development opportunities.
- Evaluate and report trends or concerns in staffing, turnover, compensation, etc.
- Manage leave of absence requests.
- Conduct investigations, resolve disputes, and identify remedies and resources as appropriate.
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and initiatives for a diverse organization and staff.
- Leverage technology to streamline HR processes and the employee experience.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 10 years human resources generalist experience, to include recruitment, benefits, employee relations, compliance, and payroll.
- At least 2 years’ in a senior organizational role. 3+ years’ experience in a non-profit organization preferred
- HR certification preferred
- Familiarity with ADP payroll preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality to be a trusted advisor at every level in the organization
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Excellent benefits; Salary range: $125,000 – $150,000.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Joan Reedy, Human Resources, The New York Community Trust by email at [email protected] or by mail to 909 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022. No calls please.
The New York Community Trust is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexuality or gender identity, status as a veteran, or disability or on any other federal, state or local protected class.
The New York Community Trust
- 909 Third Avenue, 22nd Floor
- New York, NY 11230
- Phone: 2126860010