Development and membership Associate
Responsibilities: The Development & Membership Associate will be highly involved in membership development and managing member solicitation, outreach, project planning and event support. The Development & Membership Associate will report to and work closely with the Executive Director, Betsy Gotbaum, and the Development Department, as well as communicating and coordinating efforts with the programmatic departments, and board members. S/he will identify strategies for leveraging the organization’s database in order to effectively target communications and strengthen relationships with a diversified, growing membership.
The Development & Membership Associate will:
- Assist the development/policy staff, and executive director in creating annual work plans for membership including a solicitation calendar
- Manage mailing campaigns for membership renewals and fundraising appeals.
- Coordinate cultivation events in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Manage donor database (Raiser’s Edge) tasks include: updating records, processing gifts, producing accurate and timely acknowledgment letters, and creation of queries and reports as needed it.
- Work with the development consultant and executive director in identifying donors within existing funding base to target for major donor development; conduct research on donor prospects.
- Work with event consultant firm on our monthly civic conversations and annual major fundraising events.
- Work with the policy and communication staff in producing the monthly newsletter.
- Manage online e-mail system, MailChimp, and assist with social media as needed.
- Provide assistance as needed to the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree or other relevant experience for this position and minimum 4 years of administrative support; experience with development and fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Robust experience with Raisers Edge.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and familiarity with MailChimp.
- Knowledge of social media handling.
- Demonstrate ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong team member.
- Ability to prioritize projects, anticipate needs, meet deadlines and problem-solve.
- Residency in New York City or commute distance. This is currently a remote position. However, attendance in occasional in-person meetings, events, and public hearings is expected. The organization might return to part-time office work in the future.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and booster.
Compensation: Salary is in the mid $50s to $60s to commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance including flexible spending plan, paid vacation, retirement savings program, and short-term, life and long-term disability insurance.
The organization: Citizens Union Foundation is committed to reforming New York City and State government by fostering transparency, accountability, accessibility, honesty and the highest ethical standards. Citizens Union Foundation (CUF) conducts research and analyzes the impact of proposed public policy and legislation at the city and state level and provides public education on such issues. Citizens Union Foundation is also the publisher of the GothamGazette.
Citizens Union Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to either [email protected], or Attn. Development & Membership Associate Search, Citizens Union P.O. Box 140917, Staten Island, NY 10314.
Citizens Union Foundation
- 211 Central Park West
- New York, NY 10024