|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture, Community Improvement, Health, Human Services, Other|
Controllers, CFOs and Senior Accounting professionals…YPTC is hiring in your market! Use your accounting skills while making a difference and helping to serve the non-profit community.
Your Part-Time Controller, LLC. is an outsourced accounting firm focused on helping non-profit organizations with their monthly accounting work. Voted one of the Best Places to Work for multiple years. YPTC strives for an environment of trust, support, and education. We recognize that our people are our greatest asset and encourage our staff to enjoy a life outside of work. YPTC offers a 35-hour standard work week with paid overtime and no tax season. Learn more about us at:
We are looking for passionate, personable, hands-on accountants seeking a dynamic opportunity to guide our clients and provide consultative accounting services while simultaneously helping them to get their monthly work completed. Candidates must be comfortable to work with multiple clients both virtually and on-site when it is safe to do so; you will interact with clients, their staff, Board of Directors and Finance Committees on a regular basis.
Serve as the outsourced Controller/CFO for multiple non-profit clients. Your responsibilities would include:
- Month-end close
- Journal Entries
- Audit preparation and interact with auditors
- Bank and account reconciliations
- Spreadsheets and analytics
- Financial Reporting, Budgeting and Board/Management Reports
- Assist clients with 990 review and necessary support schedules
- Recommend/Implement/Improve standard accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 7 years accounting experience
- Ability to manage multiple clients
- Prior staff management experience
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience with multiple GL packages, especially QuickBooks
- Non-profit accounting or public accounting experience is preferred but not required
- CPA certification is a plus
- Passion for working with and/or supporting non-profit organizations is a plus
- Submit customized cover letter expressing qualifications and interest for this role
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Full benefits package
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Professional development reimbursement
- Company events and team building activities to promote culture
- Covid-19 responsible workplace and a hybrid work environment
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now or visit our website, www.yptc.com, to learn more about Your Part-Time Controller.
Your Part-Time Controller
We Build Stronger Nonprofits
- New York City, New York