Program Director – Jamaica Avenue
|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
Founded in 1994, New Destiny Housing Corporation is a New York City non-profit with the mission of ending the cycle of violence for low-income families and individuals experiencing homelessness and domestic violence by connecting them to safe, permanent housing and services. To achieve our mission, we build and manage permanent, affordable housing with on-site services; offer innovative programs that empower domestic violence survivors to find and retain affordable housing; and educate and advocate to expand access to permanent housing resources for low-income families.
Currently, New Destiny owns and operates seven residential buildings with half of the units set aside for domestic violence survivors and their children. Recognizing that access to permanent housing is the cornerstone of long-term well-being, each building has a support system incorporated into its operations. The Family Support Program is comprised of an experienced social services team that works to connect our families to the care they need when they need it by tapping into internal expertise as well as leveraging external resources in the community. This includes tutoring for children, employment coaching for tenants, physical and emotional health referrals, and community building events.
New Destiny is seeking a full-time Program Director to lead
139 unitpermanent affordable housing development located in Jamaica, Queens. Of those units, 69 are set aside for domestic violence survivors and their children. . The successful candidate will be a creative, resourceful and organized professional who is comfortable working independently and who has a strong commitment to helping previously homeless and very low-income households remain stable in permanent housing while developing plans for achieving greater economic security.
The ideal candidate for the position will be innovative and passionate about improving the lives of domestic violence survivors and their children. They will be responsible for overseeing the strategy, planning, and implementation of developing a strong team of case managers to work within the program. They will lead the team to ensure successful onboarding of clinical and community resources into the buildings.
This position reports directly to the Regional Director- Brooklyn & Queens.
Core Function and Responsibilities:
Tenant Engagement and Community Organizing
· Build a team to actively engage tenants to participate in program services and activities.
· Foster tenant interaction and build community within the building. In doing so, develop and implement workshops that reflect the interests of tenants as well as meeting therapeutic needs.
· Strengthen current relationships with existing community stakeholders and develop new partnerships.
· Maintain transparency with tenants regarding expectations, requirements and provide support as needed.
· Ensure all case records are accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date for all tenants in order to meet the organization’s Quality Assurance standards as well as the standards of the funder.
Supervision of Case Management Services
· Hire, develop, and lead a team of four case managers to support tenants moving into the new building.
· Work with the Regional Director and Leasing Coordinator to ensure tenants in the new buildings move in within forecasted time frames and within the scope of the project budget.
· Foster a professional environment where strategy, programming, systems, and communications are well developed, integrated, and maintained.
· Ensure team is working to mitigate rental arrears and collaborate with third party property management to resolve tenant issues.
· Provide leadership, coaching, performance evaluations, staff education, and ongoing staff training.
· Carry a caseload of tenants as well as supervising the case managers on a weekly basis to ensure all needs are being met throughout the program.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge and credentials. Assess needs of staff and recommend training and growth opportunities.
· Strong administrative abilities and attention to detail. Ability to adjust to the diverse needs of clients.
· Monitor case management and therapeutic activities. Sett expectations, help establish program outcomes and ensure that compliance is observed and that all mandated and other programmatic requirements are carried out.
· Enter and maintain data in our Salesforce record management system. Ensure that the data entered is up to date and that all entries are accurate and reflective of the program’s outcomes.
· Manage internal reporting and reporting to Regional Director, Deputy Executive Director, and Executive Director as well as third party reporting.
· Manage and maintain relationship with property management.
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, or related field
· A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a client-facing, nonprofit organization.
· A minimum of 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a social service setting.
· Familiarity working with survivors of domestic violence and/or homelessness.
· Must be responsible, flexible, a self-starter, able to work independently and respond appropriately in crises.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience with trauma-informed care.
Preferred candidates will have:
· Strong preference for Spanish fluency.
· Comprehensive knowledge of benefits, entitlements and services offered in NYC.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at [email protected] including “Program Director – Jamaica Avenue” in the subject line.
New Destiny Housing Corporation