Volunteer Nonprofit Board Chair (Remote Position)
*This is a remote position*
A safe, encouraging community where families find support and resources for natural living and gentle parenting.
The Holistic Moms Network (HMN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to generate national awareness, education, and support for holistic parenting and green living by providing nurturing, open-minded, and respectful local community networks that encourage families to share these ideals and learn from each other.
Connect parents and create supportive communities, both in person, through local chapters, and online. Help parents and others to learn about holistic and green living.
For more information, please visit the Holistic Moms Network website at www.holisticmoms.org
Service on the Holistic Moms Network’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for pre-approved costs in relation to board members’ duties.
Board Chair Position
As a partner to the Executive Director (ED) and other board members, the Board Chair will provide leadership to the Holistic Moms Network as it rebuilds its board, and to help strengthen the 16 year old organization, and ensure it continues on as a sustainable national entity. The Board Chair will support and sustain the work of the Holistic Moms Network, and provide governance leadership and strategic fundraising support. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in recruiting board members
- Being a trusted advisor to the ED as she, and the National team, develop and implement a 3 year strategic plan
- Developing and managing relationships and communicating with: funders, partners, members, and sponsors
- Being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by the Holistic Moms Network for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Periodically consulting with board members on their roles and helping them assess their performance
- Planning, presiding over, and facilitating board and (some) committee meetings, including setting and distributing an agenda; partnering with the ED to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring the Holistic Moms Network’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities the Holistic Moms Network serves
- Formally evaluates the performance of the Executive Director and informally evaluates the effectiveness of the Board members
- Plays a leading role in fundraising activities
- In collaboration with the ED, generating annual revenue and fostering the Holistic Moms Network’s overall financial health
- Personally treating the Holistic Moms Network as a top philanthropic priority reflected in an annual financial gift
- Ensuring that 100 percent of the Holistic Moms Network’s board members make an annual contribution, according to his/her means.
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors, corporate, and/or foundation gifts
The Holistic Moms Network’s Board Chair will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held monthly for at least the first year.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the Holistic Moms Network’s mission and purpose, and who has a track record of board leadership. The selected Board Chair will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated success as a nonprofit board member or board chair
- Track record of building credibility in the funding community that has resulted in gifts to a nonprofit
- A commitment to and understanding of the Holistic Moms Network’s Chapters, volunteers, members, and mission, preferably based on experience
- Diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with natural affinity for public speaking
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for supporting the Holistic Moms Network community
Interested applicants must complete the Board Application, located on the HMN website at: https://www.holisticmoms.org/board-member-app/
You are requested to upload a current resume and cover letter within the application.
Holistic Moms Network
- PO Box 408
- Caldwell, NJ 07006