Educational Campaign Specialist (Short-Term, 20hr./week, 2-3 months)
|Job Category:||Administrative, Communications, Other, Programs/Services|
POSITION: Educational Campaign Specialist (20h/week, 2-3 months) LOCATION: New York, NY START DATE: Immediately
Organizational Mission Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, low-income immigrant parents in New York City develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world. Our research-based curriculum also incorporates child development and parenting support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and social-emotional growth.
Social Impact Educational Media Campaign In 2019, Literacy Partners launched a new national social impact educational media campaign for Spanish-speaking parents based on the acclaimed Univision telenovela, La Fuerza de Creer. This 5-episode miniseries tells the story of a community center and the families who rely on it for childcare. The story follows the drama of four different families and childcare staff, revealing to the audience the different ways that caregivers promote their children’s early literacy skills, early learning, and social-emotional growth. The miniseries was produced by Univision in collaboration with Literacy Partners along with Too Small to Fail of the Clinton Foundation and Vroom, an initiative of the Bezos Foundation.
After a successful launch in New York City, we are bringing La Fuerza into other major cities across the U.S. through our parent engagement workshops, provider training, and a facilitator’s toolkit. The toolkit will include a facilitator’s guide and other resources so that early childhood education programs, libraries, family literacy programs, and others can use our content to implement a parent workshop series for Spanish-speaking parents on a “turn-key” basis. The goal is to facilitate peer learning in a supportive environment with a pedagogical approach rooted in popular education and parent organizing.
Educational Campaign Specialist Position Literacy Partners is seeking a seasoned campaign specialist who can jump in and seamlessly work with the National Director of Parent Education and the rest of the team to execute the remaining critical pieces in order to launch in April. Some of the responsibilities might include:
- source and manage vendors for website development and e-commerce, graphic design, video editing, translation, and printing;
- recruit and vet candidates for key staff positions;
- plan and execute social media campaign;
- plan and implement special events that promote the campaign
The ideal candidate has experience with campaigning, marketing or directing programs and enjoys contributing to a start-up experience.
- At least 3 years experience in a senior position executing educational (or related) campaigns or programs
- At least 2 years experience managing vendors and consultants (particularly in the technology and design fields)
- Highly self-directed, and works independently and with accountability
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities and shift priorities as needed to meet campaign goals
- Knowledge of LinkedIn for B2B development, social media platforms, and website management programs
- Proven skills related to visual and written communication and deep familiarity with communications best practices
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work and materials.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Interest in social justice work and understanding of plain language writing
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Preferred: Excellent writing and communication skills in Spanish
Compensation: We offer a competitive fee structure based on experience. The position is for @ 20 hours/week for 2-3 months.
How to Apply: Send resume with a brief cover letter to [email protected] . Put “LFDC Campaign Specialist” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- 75 Maiden Lane, Suite 1102
- New York, NY 10038
- United States